Monday, October 12, 2015

On the Move

Goede Dag Iedereen!
[Good Day Everyone!]

This week was another solid week.  A pay off week I would say.  I went out to work hard this week, making sure I was using full use of the time I have been given to study, and preach this gospel and it sure has been paying off.  I've seen and felt the Lord giving me and even adding to the effort and talents I have given and what I used this week.  Cap that off with a fast Sunday yesterday and that conference was last week, and I'm feeling pretty darn great.

We saw some real success this week looking up old investigators and getting appointments.  Although some of them we have had so far were a little bit frustrating.  We do our part to prepare, the spirit guides the the lessons, I'm able to speak Dutch way better than I should (shout out: gift of tongues!), we start to open it up, then right at the end they talk themselves out of it.  Arrrrrgghhh! Oh well, people have their agency.   Through Preach my Gospel and experience though, I've come to an even greater appreciation for how central the Book of Mormon is to our faith.  

Article of Faith #8


Because of the Book of Mormon we can truly know that Jesus is the Christ, the only begotten son of God.  People can pick the Bible apart, or doubt that the translation or accounts are right and true of the Bible.  But if the Book of Mormon is true, it provides that separate second witness necessary to firmly sustain the truth.  When a person comes to know of the truth of the Book of Mormon by a witness of the spirit, something so clear it is not just some psychological effect, it all comes into place.  It's the blinders of the world and peoples own laziness that keep people from peace and from the truth.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and because of that and personal experiences and witnesses from the spirit, I know that Jesus is the Christ, the son of god, our redeemer and savior, the only perfect one to ever live.  Through him is the only true way to peace and to happiness both in this life and in the world to come.  Trust in him, lean on him, take some steps into the dark if you must, and I promise he will catch and embrace you.


Patterns of Light, Elder David A. Bednar, (All 3 parts on youtube)

We also had a super powerful lesson with a less active this week, he is striving now to make it back on the path after some setbacks, but you can see the hand of God in his life.  He knows it now too.

Love you all!

-Elder Hayden L. Lott

Question of the week: Since you enjoy so many of the Belgian and Dutch foods, we have been wondering if you've been able to try the pickled herring, or if it is only a seasonal thing?

Answer:  No I haven't tried pickled haring... none of my companions have made me yet.  I will before the end of my mission, just not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment