Monday, August 17, 2015

I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go

Goededag Iedereen!
[Good Day Everyone!]

On a mission and in life there are many cases where you can look back on experiences and see how they have helped you grow to become who the Lord needs you to be.  You are able to see His hand in your life.  But every once and a while you get to see His hand working well before you actually experience much at all.  You know you are going to have an opportunity to grow under His hand.  That could go for a mission in general, very much so.  But I guess I'll get to what I'm more directly talking about now.  With transfer calls yesterday, that was one of those opportunities where I get to see it coming.  I am going to be heading out of Brugge this week after just one transfer and be heading up to Rossendaal (I think that is the Breda Ward) in the Netherlands.  I will be white-washing in (replacing both elders who served there this transfer) and I will be training a greeny.  I have also been called to serve as District Leader of that district. (Cities of Vlissingen, Breda, and Tilburg... so the Southern chunk of the Netherlands)  Fun stuff!  I'm really excited and looking forward to this new opportunity to serve!  I hope I can help lift and support, and be the missionary and person the Lord needs me to be in all those aspects of His work.

I have loved my time here in Brugge, Belgium.  I've learned so many lessons in such short time! I've enjoyed getting to know these wonderful members and learning from their examples and testimonies, things I will ponder and treasure for a good long while. I've really enjoyed working here and having fun times with Elder Groesbeck.  He's is staying and getting an Elder on his 2nd transfer, Elder Fairbanks. They are both super young, so that is going to be a great learning opportunity for them! Great chances for improvement!  We've built up a fairly solid teaching pool this transfer that hopefully they can work off of that and see some success!  I'd love to come back in the next couple transfers and see a Baptism here!

The Lord is always working in our lives.  When we allow Him is when we make the most progress, and most of the time that feels pretty good.  But even if we are maybe not doing our best, He still loves us.  He loves us enough to 're-calculate' our route, giving us the chance to get back on track, and give us the energy enough to get going again.  That is the miracle of the atonement and His infinite love for us.  I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven.

The Miracle of the Atonement
C.Scott Grow
General Conference April 2011
I love you guys too!

-Elder Hayden Lott

Question of the Week:   We know that Belgians enjoy football (soccer) and cycling.  Are there any other sports that are heavily followed there?

Answer: I know that least in the Netherlands field hockey is fairly big among youth at least, as well as speed skating as can be seen by their sweeping of the medals in the winter Olympics.  In Belgium I know that basketball is at least fairly big here, but soccer really is king by a long shot.  Track and Field is pretty decent as well. (Shout out!)


Belgian Frites
This is our favorite Belgian Frite shop 'te groot' which translated means 'too big'.  You can get an order of fries here that is huge for only 4 euro.  Needless to say we come here more often than we should.  This picture doesn't even do justice to how many frites there are!  So good as well!  And of course, we finished them all.


Fun on the Beach on Oostende




Peanut Butter from a Visiting Member from the States
Elder Groesbeck and Elder Lott

Brugge Market (Centrum)


No comments:

Post a Comment