Monday, August 31, 2015

Good Stress

Hey Everybody!

So this week have been a crazy one!  We've had a good mixture of just about every kind a missionary work in.  Teaching, finding, testifying, conferences, stake activities, late nights of planning/organizing, and running for trains were all to be found in abundance.  All and all leading up to quite of bit of stress, but good stress. Not enough to not overwhelm me, but enough to push me and make me want to be better and lean on the Lord in every way that I can.  Thus, good stress. 

Proverbs 3:5-6

If you are not moving forward you are moving backward.  All the planning late nights and running around though did make me pretty darn tired. At the end of the week I was ´bobbing´ in sacrament and dozed off a couple times at a members house on Sunday night. That's ok, they are a great family and didn't judge.

At the end of this week our investigators pool seems to have thinned itself out by virtue of the new elders coming in.  We now have 2 super solid investigators  who will hopefully be getting baptized in the coming months and the rest have become super flaky or we've never been able to get a hold of them.  That happens sometimes when 2 new missionaries come in.  The 2 who have stayed though are great!  Jxxx is one of our solid investigators, she has been investigating now for 4-5 months or so and has received all the lessons.  She is just waiting to overcome a smoking problem to be ready for baptism, which I know she can do!  She is Dutch through and though and has the cutest little daughter who also loves coming to church and is really surprisingly in tune with the spirit.  The other is Lxxx, who is from the Congo.  His native language is French, although we teach him in Dutch and Elder Higham clarifies in French when we need to.  Cool stuff.  Something that has been apparent to me in this last week is how much more open the younger generation is to hearing our message and not shutting us out compared to the older generation of Dutch.  We have seen a lot of success talking to people our age and a little bit older.  I think it has something to do with that being the age people are trying to find themselves, who they are and where they fit in this world.  Looking for the place people are in their lives can help us as missionaries to find the aspects of the gospel that can help them most and will bless their lives and give them the biggest chance to take interest in the gospel.

I love to serve the Lord, I need to work on (once again) making it His work though and not mine.  Funny how cycles occur in life and on the mission.

Love you all!

Elder Lott

Question of the Week:  Do you spend most of your time in Roosendaal, or traveling around the cities in your district?

Answer:  I spend most of my time so far in Roosendaal. I'm trying to get Elder Higham at least a little used to normal mission life before I start doing about 2 exchanges and/or a sister support day a week with the members of the district. Life will start getting a little crazier this week though as we start into that.  I'll still spend most of my time in my own area though, or should, we'll see.



Kiss and Go

Roosendaal Field
Tree Tunnel
Yeah, we got lost on some farm trails...  white wash life!

No comments:

Post a Comment