Monday, March 9, 2015

God Answers Prayer



Making Rainbows

Hey all!

      I know not by what method rare,
      But this I know, God answers prayer.
      I know that He has given His word
      That tells me prayer is always heard
      And will be answered, soon or late,
      and so I pray and calmly wait.
      I know not if the blessing sought
      Will come just in the way I thought,
      But leave my prayers with Him alone,
      Whose ways are wiser than my own-
      Assured that He will grant my quest,
      Or send some answer far more blessed. 

      -Eliza M. Hickock
      (Thanks for sending me that poem Grandma!)

This poem pretty much sums up the week for us.  God truly does answer prayer, I knew it before, I really know it now, and I know He will in the future and forever.

To begin this transfer, Elder Besendorfer sat down and made a commitment and a goal that we were going to pray for success this transfer.  Not only in teaching and in finding, but in baptizing.  We weren't however, quite expecting to get the miracles that we did or as quickly as we did.  Let me cut to the finish here, we have 2 people who are on date now to be baptized, and this all happened in the space of 3 days.

The first of these two is Mxx.  He is the cool 9 year old young man of a family in this ward that has been recently re-activated.  He is full of spunk and energy and the whole family is just so fun to be around.

The second of these two is when the jaw dropping miracle comes.  Her name is Nxx. We didn't know Nxx until this last Saturday, and had only talked on the phone once before that.  She and her family are from Venezuela, but she has lived here in Belgium for 3 years, to work and to study here at Leuven University. A couple of months ago her family moved to Utah, and just a month ago she went to visit them.  During this time, her family began to meet with the missionaries and go to church and while she visited them she went as well.  She and her family fell in love with the church, and her family has plans to be baptized [at the end of the month].  When she had to come home, she felt quite sad she would have to leave her family and had the desire to be baptized with them.  Also that she would have to leave the church, because in that time she had gained a testimony of the truth of it all; the restoration, the Book of Mormon, the fact that this is Christ's church, all of it.  She was really sad because she thought the church might not be in Belgium, but little did she know, it is!  She went looking and found this out a little while after she got back, got our number, called us and said she wanted to meet and so we invited her to the ward board/card game afternoon on Saturday.  This is where we met her and learned her whole story.  On Sunday, riding the bus to church with her she ends up telling us: 'I want to be baptized and I don't want to wait. I want to get baptized on the same day as my family so I can be baptized with them in a way even if I'm not with them'.  Well ok then!  We commited her to baptism on the spot and started planning with her and the Bishop after church to make this happen by then.

What a miracle.

What a week!

I love you guys so much!

-Elder Hayden L. Lott

Question of the Week:  We've heard that Belgium has a huge jazz music scene.  Do you ever see/hear street musicians as you travel about, and what kind of music do they play?
Answer:  I haven't really heard all that much jazz while I've been here, if any at all actually.  We hear street performers pretty often, especially now that it's getting warmer.

Leuven Space Needle
(As we call it, anyways)

Short Sleeves!

Spring Fever

Short Pants?

Hurdles!
It is track season, again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment