Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Father's Day

Turnhout City Hall

A lot of the cards in the world are made here in Turnhout, Belgium.
 It's still kind of eery though walking through a row of
card looking Kings/Queens to get into city hall.
Turnout City Hall
 picture by Michielverbeek - wikipedia


Hallo!

So this week was another good one.  Had some good lessons, church was nice.  We got some new investigators.  1 from Jamaica, and 2 from Suriname.  All really chill guys who can cook really well and are pretty open to the gospel.  A bit of exciting news is that Bxx from Antwerpen is getting baptized this upcoming Sunday, hurrah!  That will be good.  Unfortunately it is right after church on Sunday, so I won't be able to go but still a happy day.  

I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.  I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the word of God, and that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is their church here on the earth.



Earthy Father, Heavenly Father
Click here to watch video link



Love you all!

-Elder Lott


[Mom note:  I'm not sure how this week's email ended up focusing on food, but it did!  I just mused in my email that I hadn't heard him talk about good Chinese food on his mission because we had enjoyed a wonderful Chinese meal with some out of town friends.  And I speculated if there were good frozen friets there because they have a deep fryer in their apartment.  And then I did ask about ramen noodles for question of the week, so I guess it was a lot of food focus this week..........]

Question of the Week:  We were discussing with Bishop and his family this week that ramen noodles are not sold in Brazil.  Can you buy them in Belgium/Netherlands?

Answers to questions: You can find Chinese food here in Belgium and it is ok.  But the Vietnamese and Thai food is really good.  Frozen Friets here are pretty good if you don't just get the cheapest ones, and you have to get the right kind of mayonnaise, otherwise its just not the same!  You can't really find ramen noodles here.  Only in international markets can you find anything similar, stuff from Korea and Japan and stuff.  It's pretty expensive though.

Cooking
Mom, in response to some vibes I was getting from your emails...
yes, I've learned how to cook on the mission.
 More than just deep frying and ramen noodles.
 Here is a 4 cheese pasta dish I made this week.

and I made Surinamese rice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment