Monday, April 18, 2016

Temple Conference

Hey Everybody!

So this last week was temple conference, which was super spiritually uplifting.  Also a little sad because I don't know the next time I'll be back to the Temple in the Netherlands.  But it's all good.  I'll get over it.



The Hauge Netherlands Temple


We went to the tulip gardens in Keukenhof, which was pretty as ever.

Tulips

Wedding Trunky?


Keukenhof Gardens

Keukenhof Gardens


picture from Elder DeBloois blog
Elder Lott is in first standing row, 4th from the left


But the real highlight of the week was the success that keeps building here in our proselyting area.  It seems like the more willing we are to go out and help our zone members, the more the Lord blesses us in our own area.  The last week even with the short time we had in our own area, we were able to find 3 new individuals and a family to add to our teaching pool of nearly 20 other investigators.  I haven't seen this much success numbers wise ever on my mission.  We are starting to have trouble getting to everyone we have to work with.  But what is even more amazing is watching the atonement shape, lift, and bloom in these peoples lives!  Every night over the past couple weeks I have come home with overflowing thanks in my heart and joyful tears in my eyes because of the way I see God helping these people find the peace, knowledge, and light they are looking for.  With transfer calls this next week, and the upcoming transfer being only 5 weeks even if I do stay, I don't know if I will be here to watch any of these people take that step down into the water for baptism.  Seeing as many of them still have some things to overcome before they will be ready.  But I know that it doesn't matter if I am here or not.  I am happy to have been an instrument in Gods hands for bringing light and truth into these people's lives, and I am even more happy for them!

I love God, and His son Jesus Christ.  They are so good and so loving.  So willing to give us all we need to be happy in this life, and to learn what we need to one day return to them and recieve all that they have in store for us.

Elder Hayden Lott

Question of the Week: Is it true that Belgian people often say 'une fois' [one time] , and if so, why?

Answer:  I haven't heard about that saying, I'll talk to some people this week and get back to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment